Saturday, September 15, 2007

Stinkin' One Point!

I had another doctor visit just recently and I had to be tested for gestational diabetes. I had to drink this glucose concoction and fast for awhile and then they drew blood to see what my body was doing. Well, I FAILED by one lousy point. You have to score a 140 or lower and I scored a 141! What this means is now I have to go back in two weeks and take the three hour (more accurate) test to determine if in fact I have gestational diabetes. The doctor assured me that it was nothing that I was eating or not doing that was causing this. She told me that, in fact, the size of your baby was a large determinant of it. The larger the baby the higher the numbers. So, pretty much this means I could be having a big ol' baby. None the less, I feel good about how I have handled this pregnancy thus far and feel very confident that God will continue to protect and grow baby Jackson. I just wanted to keep you posted on the latest with me and the baby and I will let you know what the test reveals in two weeks. Thanks for all the support and prayers!

The latest size of the belly. Only a few more months! December 16th is gonna be here before we know it!!!

5 comments:

tomarlow said...

oh my gosh! look how stinkin' cute you are!! i can't wait for baby jackson to make his grand entrance into this world! i am praying for you guys and i know that God is taking care of everything and preparing the way. I love you and i can't wait until i get to see you guys again!

Unknown said...

I agree with April, you are SO cute! We will keep praying for y'all, and your big ol' Jackson! I can't wait to squeeze his little rolls!!!!!!!

Jess and Johnny

Nicole kraus said...

thanks guys! Yall are so supportive and wonderful!

rick and sharyn mc said...

Nicole,
You are so pretty pregnant! Jackson is quite flattering on you =). Can you believe you have less than 3 months til your little man will be here?

Just to try to top your mean pregnant comments people made...I had a girl tell me today that my butt & hips had gotten quite a bit wider...but she's sure hers will too when she gets pregnant.

So...from your wide butt friend...you look great!
Sharyn

Fast and Pray Tuesdays said...

Nicole!!! Jackson's making you look cuter than ever (didn't know that was possible, you beauty!)
Thanks for the update. i just know your baby is going to be the happiest and healthiest thing around!
Love,
Bonnie