Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Mother's Love

A mother's love is something that I couldn't understand until 10 days ago when I had my first child, and I'm sure I will spend the next twenty years trying to explain it. I look at him and I feel like I can connect with all the other mothers out there. I have been thrown head first into this crazy yet so rewarding time in my life, and as everyone told me when I was pregnant, life will never be the same again. Praise God for that, because with this new life has come so many blessings. Joey and I have grown even closer together through this experience.  The way he is as a father just blows me away. I knew he would be good, but wow, it is truly special to watch.  We have for sure grown closer to the One who gave us this amazing blessing.  Everyday, God has equipped us for everything that we have needed to care for and love baby Jackson.  We have had to rely on Him through the times of struggle, especially during the labor and trust that He knows what is best for him.  We just are cherishing every minute we are given with this little guy.  Thanks again for everyone's prayers, food, cards, flowers, gifts, and love during this amazing time in our lives. I would also like to send a special shout out to my mother. I had the honor of having the best mother in the world teach me for the first week how to mother my own child. I can not tell you what a blessing it was to learn from her.  Not only did she teach, but she cared for Joey and I, she stayed up all night so we could sleep, she helped me feed him, she cleaned our house, cooked food, grocery shopped, made christmas dinner, did laundry, kept me laughing when I thought I might break down, encouraged me,  and just did it all with so much grace. If you know my mother you know she would never admit that she is wonderful because she is too humble for that, but as her daughter, and I speak for her other daughter as well, she is.  She is the most giving person I have ever met and the most thoughtful as well.  She would give away her last dime if we would let her and she would do it without ever expecting anything in return. That is what she does, that is who she is.  She gives simply to give.  She has a servant's heart, and Joey, Jackson and I were so blessed by it this past week. Thank you mom for being that kind of mother who is so thoughtful and giving and I pray that that which you have lived out for all these years, Jackson might one day see in me. I love you mom. 
P.s.  Check out another slideshow of Jackson. It is on the right titled "Baby's Bath".  Hope you enjoy!

7 comments:

rick and sharyn mc said...

Nicole,
You are so good with words. It was such a sweet blessing to see you and Joey interact with Jackson last night. You two are already amazing parents! What a fun & exciting new adventure, and how wonderful to be surrounded by such wonderful family during this sweet time! We love you guys!
Sharyn

Unknown said...

Well, we have seen y'all as parents first hand and we think you are amazing parents! Baby Jackson is perfect and he could not have been born into a more loving, God-honoring, precious family! WE love you so much and can't wait to see him again!

Jess and Johnny

kveton said...

why is my comment page always in danish...even when i'm in america!!

anyway, it was GREAT to talk to you the other day. i MISS YOU so much! what a precious precious little boy you have. what a lucky little boy he is to have you and Joey!

i have pushed back my flight so i leave the 16th instead of the 9th. i hope to come visit that last weekend, if you are not too busy (is that possible, to be not too busy when you have a newborn baby??) or if you don't have any other plans.

miss ya and love ya!
kveton

kveton said...

p..s..LOVE the photos....Jess showed me some others too that were so cute of Jackson!

Virginia said...

Oh my Nicole – What a lovely way to express love for your Mom. She has been my friend for many years and because of that I have been blessed. She is truly an Angel in our mist

Your description of being a mother, Joey as a father and sweet Jackson, a family in God’s care, was poetic perfection.

We are so happy for you and Joey and Jackson. Give Jackson an electronic hug from us and we are looking forward to a real one in the near future.

Love Virginia and Jim

Anonymous said...

To my baby,

Thank you for the loving words and devotion! I cried all the way through it.

It is an honor for a mother to help her daughter and son through the birth of their baby. It is God's way of bringing everyone closer, and allowing the grandparents to experience a baby once again.

It seems like only yesterday that I had you and here you are with a child of your own. That baby reminded me so much of you and all the joy that we felt!

It was sooooooo hard to leave that baby to come home, yet I saw that you and Joey had everything under control. That made me so proud.

The three of you need time to bond, and I was able to witness that as Jackson followed Joeys voice and stared at him for what seem like an hour. Again I witness this little baby as he looked at his Mama's smile as she fed him time and time again.

I am so thankful for my daughters, their husbands and now my grandson Jackson. God has been so good to me!

I love you,

Mom

Aaron, Amanda and Londyn Bodovsky said...

Hey Nicole,
I am so happy for you & Joey. Cant wait to come by and see little Jackson!! You will be a great mom..
We miss you at work!!
Amanda Bodo