Saturday, March 29, 2008

24 years later.....

Ok...for this post to make sense I must set up the story just briefly. About 24 years ago, or when I was about four years old, my dad came to me and my sister and asked us what kind of jewelry box we wanted. He said he was going to make it for us and that we got to choose what we wanted on it. Jess and I both wanted a unicorn and so we waited....and waited. Well, time went on and the unicorn jewelry box never got made and actually became the family joke. We'd tease him saying that it should be pretty close to done, I mean it has been 12 years....15years......20 years. He'd laugh and say well I'll get to it as soon as..... And so the joke continued.......until TODAY! My family came in this weekend to hang out with Jackson and me and he said he had a gift for me. I had NO idea that it would be that famous unicorn box we talked about 24 years ago.




Isn't it amazing! He hand made the entire thing. He made the box, the insert for the jewelry and even sprayed on the texture for the compartments. He made the inside of the lid out of three different types of wood and he even hand carved the unicorn!!!! Wow...it did take 24 years but it was well worth it!

4 comments:

The Krazy Kraus' said...

Oh my gosh your Dad is so talented! It is beautiful... and he did that all by hand? Hats off to yo Daddy!!! Looks like if you want him to make Mr. Jackson something you better get on with it! lol

Love, Amanda Laine

Stephanie said...

I knew the joke and was so excited to hear that it was finally being made! It turned out absolutely beautiful! Your dad is very talented and I know you will treasure it forever!

rick and sharyn mc said...

What an AMAZING gift! What a special memory and a daddy always keeps his word! I'm glad you got your jewelry box!!!
Sharyn

Virginia said...

Oh My what a special forever gift.
Amazing craftsmanship!