Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Did That Really Just Happen?

Ok so this is a totally random blog but seriously blog worthy.

So I was walking down my parents driveway to go for a run today and there was this little kid who was walking home. He smiled and I smiled back and the next thing I know he started walking up my parents sidewalk toward me. He met me halfway to my parent's house and just walked right up to me. Not liking the personal space, I backed up. He took a step closer! Ok...kid is obviously confidant in talking with adults. I kinda did the lean away....
And this was the conversation that followed:

Kid: "So what's YOUR name?" First of all, I wish I could convey within this blog the cockiness in this kid's voice, secondly, why are you talking to complete strangers!
Me: 'Nicole....whats your name?'
Kid: 'Jason, I'm almost in middle school.'
Me: '....awesome?'
Kid: 'What are you doing right now?'
He was like standin' there with his arms crossed doing like the "friends" 'How you doin?' head nod. He was like some weird man child.
This was about when I started looking around for either...
a.) his friends, because he was being dared...or
b.) Ashton Kutcher cause I was being punk'd
There was no one else around and I was getting really weirded out!
So, again.....back to the conversation:
Kid: 'What are you doing right now?'
Me: 'What are YOU doing right now?'
Kid: 'Walkin' home from school.'
Me: 'Oh how CUTE...you go to Highland Village Elementary School.'
I was trying to use the 'awww, you're so whittle bitty' voice.
Kid: I'm almost in middle school!'
Me: '...awesome? Ok...well I better...'
Kid cuts me off and says:
Kid: Look, I was wonderin', if you weren't doing anything, I live just down the street, you wanna go for a walk and talk?
Me: ..........................................(large eyes).................................(confusion)......................................'Um,no... but you have fun.' As I ran away.

....What?!
....Where?!
Where in the world is his momma?!
Did I REALLY just get hit on by a fifth grader?
AWKWARD!
This cougar thing has gone WAY too far!!!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have laughed and laughed about this story ever since you told me last evening! You're just a hot momma, Nicole!

Unknown said...

Hilarious!

Texan said...

Classic!! haha!

Phillip A. said...

I feel awkward just reading this post. :-)