Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I Nearly Knocked Out Two Elderly Women Today

I almost did knock out two elderly women today. Ok, maybe I didn't almost, but boy was I thinking about it. I really can't understand why people become brainless and rude around pregnant people, but they do. I have had it happen time and time again in my short 5 months of pregnancy. Today I was at the fitness club doing my job when an older woman wanted to tell me that "everytime she sees me I just keep getting fatter and fatter." That was not a miss quote...she ACTUALLY said, fatter and fatter. To jab the knife even further she decided to throw in the "maybe you should really start watching what you put in your mouth." Again, that is a direct quote. WHAT! Are these people on some sort of crack? Who tells a pregnant hormone enraged woman that she is fat and not have a death wish. What twisted the knife was when a different older woman asked me how much weight I had gained to this point. I told her around 15lbs, where she proceeded to drop her jaw to the floor in absolute HORROR because in her words, "that is already way too much weight! I only gained 12lbs total with my child." Well, did she want a cookie? Maybe a #1 mom sticker? I DONT CARE! Good for her. She left saying that I really needed to "slow down" my weight gain. And for the finale of this horrid 30 minute span was when a man asked when my baby was due and I told him December 16th. He said, "Oh gosh, what a horrible birthday." He was completely serious! I just looked at him and said, well, I don't think it will be and walked off. I HATE RUDE PEOPLE!

5 comments:

Fast and Pray Tuesdays said...

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!
HELLO! You are the cutest pregnant woman ever. Clearly, they are blind. Your baby is a perfect December baby and I'm just thrilled to meet him.
Love,
Bonnie
P.S. I told a friend a work (who has 2 grown boys) what some of these people are saying and she said they are just clueless and I quote "your stomach is not community property."

tomarlow said...

ok....i had to create a google account just so i can leave you a comment here because hearing that you are getting all this crap from all these ignorant backwoods east texas people is just plain ridiculous!! you are the cutest pregnant woman ever!! 15 lbs?? my comment is...is that it? i have known people that have gained 60 lbs over their pregnancy....so 15 is just pocket change! don't sweat it nicole....for some reason the weirdos think they can say whatever they want to you...it's those of us that care about and love you who get to make the comments here...not them!

tomarlow said...

p.s.

i love you!!

april

Unknown said...

Thanks for all your support. You guys are awesome! Thanks for being so encouraging!!!

Unknown said...

uncle johnny and aunt jess will drop kick these folks in the throat if they don't leave you alone and recognize that your baby boy is going to rock and that you look freakin' awesome!