Sunday, August 5, 2007

Pregnancy Pet Peeves

Ok, I am only 21 weeks along and still have quite a ways to go, however I am definately far enough along to already have a long list of pregnancy pet peeves.
Here are my top eight.
1. Being told that you look like you are having twins or a REALLY BIG baby. I mean why don't these people just say man you're getting fat! This brings me to my next one.
2. Being told I am eating REALLY well. Again, do these people not know that us preggars are extremely aware, to a fault, of our ever increasing weight and we don't ever need a reminder of it.
3. Having complete strangers rub on my love handles to determine whether I am carrying my weight in front or all over. Apparently, because a child is growing in my stomache people feel free to rub my belly and talk about where I store my fat.
4. People who tell me that they "would NEVER have a december baby". Well, isn't that just great that they are so much of a better planner than Joey and I.
5. Being hot ALL the time.
6. Having to pee ALL the time.
7. The countless people who tell me in the most negative tone EVER.."Well, your life as you know it will NEVER be the same again" They say it as though a funeral is about to happen not a birth. I'm not dumb I understand that life will change, obviously.But, can you be a little happy for us.
8. The horror stories. Why when you get preganant do most people want to shell out all the horrible pregnancey stories they have ever heard or gone through. NO I don't want to hear about every fetal medical problem you can think of, or miserable delivery story!
Ok...well, those are eight of my top ones. I'm sure if you have been pregnant you can understand much of what I am talking about. I have to say that even though these have all happend to me while pregnant, this experience has been such a blessing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You made Johnny and I laugh out loud! You're funny!
You look beautiful and December babies are the coolest (look at Joey)!
-Jess

rick and sharyn mc said...

Nicole...I think I'm going to start doing this...what do you think....if strangers pat my belly, I'm gonna pat their's back...
I love how everyone let's you know that "whoa...you're really showing now...." Sorry, I wasn't aware of my daily growing baby bump. But again, the one time in my life I am glad that my belly is getting bigger!!! Can't wait for our little boys to play together.
Sharyn

Shari said...

AMEN! :-) Well i think your totally beautiful! I cant wait to see that cute little boy! You enjoy being pregnant and blow off what those crazy folks say!