Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Is that Bagger Vance?

Well...I did it! I finished the Dallas half marathon on sunday. I didn't train as much as I would have wanted, but I did better than I had thought I would. It really felt good to get back to some kind of normalcy with my crazy post pregnancy body. Joey and I went to Dallas for the weekend and hung out with my family. Jess and Jonathan ran the half with me. Let me rephrase, Jess and Jonathan started the half with me and then sprinted the 13 miles. They made it under 2 hours which was somewhere just under a 9 minute mile! They are animals! You know who else is an animal? Uncle Mark....Joey's uncle. He ran a 15 mile race saturday and then ran the half with me!!!! Unbelievable! He really was the reason I made it the last two miles. He helped push me...thanks a bunch Uncle Mark! Joey ran also. He ran the 5k with his cousin Chase and his girlfriend Jordan (Chase's girlfriend not Joey's...just in case you were wondering).



Alrighty...more pictures of the little guy. Is it Jackson or Bagger Vance? Who knows...all I know is he is precious!




These are a few pictures I threw in for fun.





Ok so I found this tie for like three dollars at Children's Place in Dallas and I immediately thought of a photo op.






Hope yall enjoyed!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We decided that Jackson is going to be a comedian, because he makes us laugh out loud and he can't even talk yet!!!!! We love Jackson!!!

Jess and Johnny

Phillip A. said...

Nicole, you're amazing! A half marathon right after having a child?!?! Craziness! I wish I could run a 5k! Maybe I need to have a baby...

The Stark Family said...

Nicole, I think Jackson is quite possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen (except Mary of course!) I love keeping up with your blog. Congratulations on your run.

Stephanie said...

Congrats on your half marathon. I am very impressed! I would never have any doubt that you could do it though. Both you girls are amazing athletes!

I LOVE the pictures of Jackson. He is a little ham...so cute. Sorry I didn't make it by to see him, or you guys, when you were here this weekend. I will definitely catch you next time!