Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What do you like?

I'll start off by saying that this post was inspired by a good friend's blog. Beth if you are reading this, thank you for your candid blog about life after singleness, and how we can get lost being a wife and a mother. I know that I can not be the wife to Joey or the mother to Jackson that I desire to be unless I am right within myself. I too, can see how easy it could be to just lose yourself in your husband or your kids. Almost all of your time, energy, and thoughts go to them, yet we still have to remember who we are. So because of your words Beth, I began asking myself, "Who are you?" I realized it was a tougher question than I had initially thought. I started a list and the first one was easy, "I am a child of God" After that it got fuzzy. Well, I stopped that list and started another one. What do you like? I am obviously leaving out Joey and Jackson because hopefullly that is pretty obvious. In case you were wondering a little bit more about me, here is the list:

1. Reading- anything really
2. The Elderly- they are precious
3. Water Parks- flying down a tube into water...whats not to love!
4. Photograhy- capturing emotion is so much fun, not to mention it reminds me of the little things with Jackson
5. Cheesecake- nuf said
6. To travel- not a fan of actually getting there, but love to see new places and people
7. Training- myself or others
8. Swinging- I just tried it again for the first time in a long time. Find a park and grab a swing. Its amazing!
9. The Olympics- I think this one made the list because I am typing this as I am watching it, but I grew up watching them and love it
10. Rain- something about it makes me feel safe and comforted. The reason goes back to high school track ...long story....

THis was fun to think about. I knew I liked these things, it was just fun to list them out and really determine to pay attetion to them. The real list was 50 things....I'll spare you.
I encourage you to make a list of your own and then do what you can to incorporate them into your life. I LOVE being a wife to Joey and a mother to Jackson, and I know I am much better as both when I am able to truly be me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love who you are and the passion you have! Never lose that! And remember... your clone is willing to fly down a tube into a huge pool of water with you anytime!

Jess

Beth said...

AMAZING!!! I am so pumped that there are some who read and question. I hope that we can ALWAYS remember who we truly ARE so that we can truly BE who he created us to be. Love and peace my dear friend!!!!!