Wednesday, September 16, 2009

21 Months Old

Well, we have just a few more months before we begin battling the terrible twos(I don't know about you, but the Jaws theme song is playing very loudly in my head). It should be quite interesting, which means there should be some drama, and by drama I mean major emarassing fits; some laughter, and by laughter I mean the kind that spontaneously happens when pushed to extremes; and some action, and by action I mean lots and lots of "timey", which is what Jackson lovingly calls time out. I will try to blog it all! Well, moving on.
I love updating you guys on what he is doing, so without further ado.....
Fun Facts About Jack (It is weird calling him Jack, but it just fit better in the title...don't ya think?)
1. He knows his colors now, and not just the primary ones. He is really good with pink and purple and black and white.
2. One of his favorite things to do is dig for 'buckies' (bugs). He is ALL boy!!! He picks up bugs, frogs, whatever he can catch. He especially likes digging for worms.
3. Now, when we give him something he says 'thank you much'. I think it is cause we always say thank you very much.
4. He now runs to his daddy and sticks out his arms and says, 'Kiss 'em'. Which means he wants to kiss him. He will plant one right on the mouth. PRECIOUS!
5. He counts to 7, but after that it gets very hairy.
6. He loves Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go, which has got him saying a few words in Spanish! Go figure...I took three years in school and I can't say anything!
7. We are heavily potty training, but it is very hit or miss whether he says 'potty' before or after he has gone.
8. When he wants something he says (example) 'Outside Please Thank You Much'. He runs it all together as he grabs your finger to take you there. Somehow I think he has missed the point of asking.
9. He still loves baths, The Wiggles, and climbing on anything.
10. When I go get him in the mornings he says 'Mornin' Punkin' Because I say Good Morning Pumpkin every morning. It seriously melts my heart!
11. Oh, and lastly we have ditched the paci during the day. The only time he gets it is at night or naptime. He REALLY didn't like this, but after about 3 days, we are home free!

Lastly, I leave you with some pics of the "new grandbaby party" that Jess and Johnny threw for my parents when they told them the good news. All you need to know is there was cake.





And this was what happened after the cake was gone.

Stay tuned for more to come!

No comments: