Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Years Resolutions

There is something about beginnings that give you hope to do what you maybe couldn't do before. There is something about a new year, or decade for that matter that evokes this sense that we can make some needed changes in our lives. So, like you have probably done as well, I created a list of a few things that I really wanted 2010 to include. My list started out very superficial as most of my resolutions tend to be,
lose 10lbs
drink more water
find more time to read
Well, as I was creating my list and really thinking about what I REALLY wanted, I realized that what I truly desired is to put more quality in the time that I have. If there is one thing that the Lord is teaching Joey and I, and really the body of The Village church is that no matter what happens in life, God is working it ALL for his glory and our freedom and joy. For those that don't know the story, our lead pastor Matt Chandler found out on Thanksgiving day that he has a brain tumor. The way that he and his precious family has battled this with so much praise and worship has been so encouraging.
So these are the things on my list that I REALLY hope 2010 will be defined by
Spending more time in prayer with my husband (not because we are SUPPOSE to, but because we NEED him
Serving in The Village church (not because we are SUPPOSE to, but to be connected as the body of Christ
Spending more time just 'being' (not having to finish a to do list, not having to always be busy, not missing the little things my baby does because I am too worried about life.
Resting in His freedom (not getting caught up in fear and worry, but as Matt Chandler has done, no matter what comes in 2010 rest in the freedoms Christ has for me

Happy 2010!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Nicole! I hear ya about those tipical resolutions. I have that same first list you wrote. Like all three of them I'd love to do.
I haven't really sat down to make a new list yet.
So, I need to do that.
Thanks for sharing! : )
Amy