Sunday, January 24, 2010

No Habla Espanol.

So, my sweet two year old has had a few funny Spanish speaking incidents within the last week that I thought I would share. I knew he could count to ten in Spanish, but had no idea that he was picking up so much other stuff from Diego and Dora.
The first funny moment came after my mother bought him three little plastic frogs. He was holding them and I asked him what their names were. He grabbed the blue one and said his name is 'Azul' which is blue in Spanish. Then he grabbed the yellow frog and said his name was 'marillo', which 'amarillo' is yellow in Spanish! I just couldn't believe that he knew those colors!
The second funny story happened a few days later when we were playing in my car. Joey and I sit in the car with him while he pushes all the buttons and 'drives' the car. Joey had opened his passenger side door for some air and Jackson said, 'Daddy close the door.' Joey tried to explain something about him being claustrophobic,but Jackson just looked at him like he hadn't obviously stated his request correctly. So, Jackson put his hands out wide and slowly brought them together and said, 'Daddy, Cierra', which means close! He even did the hand motion for it! Joey just looked at him and asked me, 'What did he just say to me?' I explained and we both just lost it! My Spanish is definitely not good, so I think soon we're not going to be able to communicate with our toddler!

2 comments:

Phillip A. said...

I think I shed a tear with this post! Hilarious!

Unknown said...

We love our little bilingual nephew!!!

-jess and johnny