Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Heart

So, in honor of my husband's push for me to use this blog as more than just a baby picture book, I am posting some other things. I have posted before that I really love to create. That means through photography, scrapbooking, working on the house, and writing I feel that I can express myself. I thought I would blog some things that I have written. This blog was also inspired by my Auntie who reminded me of the mystery books that Jess and I used to write when we were kids. She still has them on her computer! Yikes! Anyway, I am now mainly writing poems and I like writing down my thoughts. It helps me process. Anyway....this was one I wrote a while ago when I was really thinking about the hope that I have in Chirst.

My Heart


Set loose the chains that bind my heart
And the freedoms you intend,
Break through the bars and heal the scars
Battle wounds only you can mend

Tear out the lies from Satan's tongue
His mission to destroy,
And revive in me your sweet melody
Sing the song of unending joy

My heart, your home, your dwelling place
Forever let it be.
You knocked, I cried and bowed my pride
To embrace eternity

So, guard my heart Oh warrior God
With all your weapons drawn,
For in this fight I need your might
It draws close to the break of dawn

And with the turning of the tides
And the dawning of new days
Come valleys to cross and suffered loss
Its so easy to lose my way

And though these days I will have to fight
And defeat sometimes will come,
I can proclaim in Jesus' name...Victory!
For the war we've already won!

-Nicole Kraus

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Nicole...this is simply amazing and beautiful. Thank you for sharing it.

Unknown said...

I love the way you express your passion and your heart through words - you do it brilliantly! I am one of your biggest fans! Keep the poems coming!

Jess