Thursday, February 11, 2010

Its The Big One


So, I'm 30.

When I was younger I thought it would be a little more monumental of a thing than what I feel today. I don't know, maybe it is because I truly have never been more joyful that I really feel as though thirty just slipped up on me while I skipped along this great life I have. You know whats funny, is that I'm sitting here praising God for covering my birthday in beautiful snow and wondering out loud how I could be so blessed.

Whats really funny is that there have been better financial times in my life. I have had less responsibility and craziness. I have even had success where I kinda felt on top of the world, but as I sit here, on the other side of 30 and think about my life, I would not change today for anything. I am blessed not because of whether or not I am going through a trial, and certainly not because of what I possess. I have so much to be thankful for and I have Jesus to thank for that. I do feel joyful, not always happy which is much different. I feel like life though unpredictable and crazy is always going to be unpredictable and crazy, but I finally feel a sense of peace in letting go of these things and giving control to the One who needs to have it. There is so much freedom in finding peace in chaos and putting my trust in Jesus who can never fail me.

I have a fantastic husband who makes me laugh constantly and who looks at life the way I do. I have a beautiful baby boy who melts my heart and who can make me cry with his sweet voice.

'Momma, I wuv you sooooooo much!'

Yes, I am 30, and I am BLESSED.

3 comments:

rick and sharyn mc said...

Happy Birthday Nicole! Such truth spoken. You are an amazing woman, mother, wife & friend. I am thankful for you and I find it a privilege to call you my friend!
Enjoy the snow!
Sharyn

jessica Williams said...

Well said! We are blessed to have you in our lives and we see the peace of God reigning in you and Joey. Thank you for such a great example of faith. Love you!

Jess and Johnny

jessica Williams said...

Well said! We are blessed to have you in our lives and we see the peace of God reigning in you and Joey. Thank you for such a great example of faith. Love you!

Jess and Johnny