Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I LOVE MY JOBS!

I truly truly love what I do. First and foremost I love being Jackson's mom. Everyone says motherhood is the most rewarding thing in the world, but only until you go through it can you really understand what they are talking about. I love it so much. It is so hard, so fun, so challenging, so wonderful, so scary, all wrapped up in one. I enjoy the craziness and have come to embrace the unexpected in our house.

My second job of being a photographer is so great too! I really love it. It is so exciting getting to meet all kinds of great people who invite you into their world, even if its just for a little bit, to help capture moments in their lives they never want to forget. That to me is such a special gift and I LOVE it! I also love the creative outlet it offers me. The post processing, which I have come to find out is what many photographers loath, is actually one of my favorite things about being a photographer. It is putting the 'finishing touches' on a photograph. It is capturing a moment an emotion and then just giving it that extra 'umph' to make it really stand out, to make it really special.


So, here are a few of my favorite photographs we have taken recently.









2 comments:

jessica Williams said...

I looooove that sweet video and hope that Jackson's absolute cuteness will rub off on Gracie. I also love love love being a photographer with you!

-Jess

A&W said...

I need and want to talk to you about a photographing Mekele, and some with the three of us!! I am wanting fun shots of our little family!!