Friday, January 16, 2009

13 Months

So, here we are 13 months into this incredible journey with Jackson. Is feels longer than that, but at the same time it feels that it went by so fast. Its weird, the unexplainable things of parenthood. Well, as I said today is his 13 month birthday and in honor I thought I would catch you up on all the latest Jackson news.
Well, lets get to it. He is about average in the height and head department compared to his other peers, and we are on the small side for weight. We're a feather weight, weighing in at 21 1/2 lbs, but what he lacks in size he definately makes up for in speed. He is getting extremely comfortable with the walking thing and is amazing us with his quickness already. I can't keep up! Here are some other fun facts about our little man:
-He loves bringing me books now to read to him, especially the ones with trucks, motorcycles, or animals
-He still loves imitating the animal noises, especially the pig
-He usually can pick out family members from pictures, and can kind of say most of their names. The funniest is Johnny, whom he calls "Nini". It gets a laugh so he keeps saying it.
-We have officailly stopped all formula and have moved on to whole milk, which he has taken to like a champ. No problems yet anyway. If there is one thing I've learned as a mother is don't get cocky because the second you think you've got it down, they change. Which brings me to my next fact:
- He eats a ton, but it is hard to know sometimes what he'll eat because he loves something one day and hates it the next. This is so frustrating! He does however have a few staples that he always eats (I say that with hesitation)
- He loves, blueberry Eggo waffles, cream of wheat, toast, crackers, any baby foods, chicken noodle soup (broth only), and steamed peas
- He has to sleep with his "Bear Rare" which is a little bear in a bunny suit, thanks Beasch and Nan!!!
- He has been sleeping at least 12 hours a night and still on two naps a day
- We are still doing time out with him, and have been for quite sometime and we think it is working!! Yea! Before when I told him not to touch something he would yell at me and touch it, and then get really mad when I removed him from the object. Now, after months of reinforcing ALL the time, when he goes toward the stove, for example, I say No don't touch, and he moves on, zero fussing. Whats funny is Joey and I have really enforced not touching the stove by saying "its HOT". Now, whatever we tell him not to touch he thinks is hot. The tv, mommies phone, the toilet, he says HOT and walks away. Oh well, he is kinda getting it.
- He has started hitting. About three weeks ago, right after his first birthday he realized that when I carried him inside, which he hates because he ALWAYS wants to be outside, he was right at my face level to just smack me. We have been consistently putting him in time out, still only one minute, hoping we nip this in the bud. We'll let you know how it goes.
- The final thing that you guys have to know about is that he has pooped in the potty 4 times!!! This one takes some explanation and so I will save it for my next blog. Stay tuned for all the "dirty" details. He he!

What a great kid!!!!!

1 comment:

rick and sharyn mc said...

What a sweet boy you are Jackson! You are growing up to fast! It is so fun to see you change and become such a fun little boy!
Sharyn