Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Biggest Loser (Couples)

In honor of New Years and the classic new years resolution, my family has decided to challenge one another in a friendly yet fierce Biggest Loser competition. It was decided that each couple would participate as a team. These are the teams in no particular order (except that the number one team is and will be the number one team)
1. JOEY AND NICOLE- whoo hoo! We Are the Champions, is already playing in my head! And, weighing in at a whopping...........?????..............seriously I might be crazy but I ain't stupid. No weight will be blogged. No one wants to go there.
Anyway, on to the next team,
2. Mom and Dad- now, though they are worthy competitors, they do not stand a chance against the fierceness of Joey and me. Although I hear through the grapevine that my dad has already lost 8 lbs in the first 10 days. Thats ok...its probably just trash talk. Thats what I'm gonna cling to.
3. Jess and Johnny- although they are training for like an 800 mile run or something, don't be fooled, we know how to tempt them. I personally know that Jonathan can't resist slice and bake cookies....even burnt ones. We have a strategy....and it involves a cookie bouquet each week Jess, you know what I'm talkin' about. Be afraid, be very afraid.

So, those are the teams. The competition started on January 1st, and we all had to declare what our winning prize would be. Our prize that must be payed for by the other teams is a couple's spa day. The works! I can already smell the eucalyptus, and hear the soft violin music playing in the background. Now what is so great about this little challenge is that the winner will be announced not only at the "final weigh in" at my parents house on June 1st, but also right here on this blog in front of millions of viewers. Ok, well at least the five faithfuls will see it. Anyway, not the point, the point is, is that we need your help. This is a tool that Joey and I are using to help us beat the competition. All of you are participating in our little challenge too. Well, maybe not in the sweatin' and muscle achy way, but in the accountability way. You see Joey and I both need a little help in the motivation department, and that is where yall come in. We want you to ask us if we have worked out, whether we are eating what we need to be eating. You know, keep us on track. So, we have begun this journey and hopefully with yalls help we will continue on this healthy road. Side note: for any of you out there thinking that I, the horrible personal trainer wife, coersed my poor unsuspecting husband into this mess you are sadly mistaken. This was his idea, and also his desire for this to be blogged about. Don't believe me?.......

BEFORE





This was obviously all his idea. How did we do with the sad frumpy before picture look? The AFTERS better look better than these!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Y'alls frumpy butts are going down!!!!!

Beth said...

I am cracking up. Yall look so sad. I love to see before and after picks like this. It even gets me motivated to set my July 16th goal and go for it! Good luck and have fun!!!!!