Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bring it!

So, as some of you know Joey and I joined LA Fitness about a month ago during our resolve to remain fit and happy. It has been going well for us. We have been going on average 4 days a week and have really loved being able to workout together, and Jackson has LOVED the kids center. In fact there are plenty of times that I have to drag him (literally) out of the room! Ok, well I have been purposely avoiding this one machine with all of my might for the last 4 weeks. The dreaded, the awful...duh...duh..duh...

The Stair Master,
(shrieks of horror are being heard all over the blogging community....or maybe I'm the only one hearing the theme to Jaws, but at any rate...I digress..)
The Stair Master, or as I have lovingly nicknamed it, Satan, has loomed at the club taunting me. Now, the last time that I have been near one of these machines was right out of college, and since the big 30 is looming in the near distance I can say it has been close to 8 years since our last meeting. So, it found its way back into my life and let me tell you, it aint no joke! Joey decided to throw out a little challenge today,
'Who can stay on it the longest'. Well, give me a good challenge any day and I am gonna take it, so I told him, 'Bring it!'
Doesn't it just look evil?

Lets just say, I SURVIVED! I am here blogging to all of you nice people. I thought at some point I might not make it, but I did and WOW I am paying for it right now.
20 minutes, 80 flights, 2,400 stairs....I'm tired, but triumphant!
I leave you with the only piece of inspiration that I could think of to adequately explain how I feel...







da...da..dun....da..da..dun........

No comments: