Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween '09

Ok, so I know I am behind on my posts but at least the next big holiday hasn't happened yet. I am only a few weeks behind, so I will start with halloween and then kick off another one of my 'what I heart' posts. This rant is in case anyone really cares. But really I know you guys have more to worry about then my blog, so I will just get on with it.
We couldn't decide what Jackson should be for halloween this year. Ok, let me be honest, I wanted him to be cuddly again like last year. Oh, the precious polar bear. We decided he should be something he was really in to, which meant momma was out of luck with cuddly, cause he is obsessed with all things icky and slimey! So, we all three agreed on an alligator. It was so great going to neighbors houses and watching him walk up their sidewalk, knock on their door and say 'twicky tweat'! He then would just walk right into all of their houses. When he got to Darrell and Stephanie's house, he ran inside, ditched his 'loot' and started climbing up and down their stairs. He didn't quite get the whole point to this day, but it was so much fun!!!
First, here is a picture of what my sweet baby looked like in his precious costume.

Next, here is the picture displaying how small his 2-3T costume was on him. He couldn't wear it with the feet because it was way too short. Hence the red converse wearing alligator. It works.

I dusted off my crafty bakery hat and decided to get a little festive for the occasion. This was my attempt at spider web cupcakes.

This was a overview of some of the fun decor. We spider webbed this antique candle holder my mom had and then I found this super fabulous black lace table cloth at Party City. Isn't it super fun?!!! The flowers had black spiders on them too. Spooky!!!!! Thanks Stephanie for the spiders. By the time I hit the stores (the day of halloween...he he) they were all out. Go figure. Anyway, thats what great neighbors do, they come through for you in the clutch.

Brownie chocolate chip cookie bars. Yummy!!!!!

We had a great time eating yummy food and hanging out with friends.
And, you know what, I think Jackson still looks cuddly don't you think?!



We hope your halloween was full of candy and craziness like ours! And, I apologize for not having video to post, but if you really knew what it took for me to get it up here you would understand. It really was cute, so I will do my BEST to get it up at somepoint before next halloween. That is as good as I can do I'm sorry.
We have TONS going on in these next few months, so hopefully I will get it all up here. Just send me a nasty email if I fall behind. Have a great day!!!

No comments: