Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Kentucky- Part One

What a perfect day. It was fantastic. As a lot of yall know, Joey and I were very nervous about taking Jackson onto a plane. He definitely is a mover and we didn’t know how he would handle the two hour flight. Well, he did wonderful! He woke up right as we were taking off, so we gave him a bottle and he had no problems with his ears. He entertained the two rows of people around us with his “singing” and his babble. He was just loving being with tons of people. We couldn’t have asked for a better flight, and as we landed we were SO thankful we decided to fly. We arrived at my Aunt Judy’s house with most of my family to greet us. I love them so much. Of course my mom’s sisters were fighting over Jackson immediately, and we sat around on the deck just talking and catching up. If you have never met my family you need to someday. They really are just the most genuinely kind and giving people I know. They just exude love. They wrap you up with the most welcoming hearts, and make you feel so special. I loved talking to all of them. It was time for dinner and it was served in my aunt Judy’s outdoor kitchen attached to their HUGE deck. We had a fish fry, with the fish my uncle Keith caught, but of course I ate chicken, and we topped it off with some fresh fruit and cheesecake. What a meal! The day was already so perfect and then my cousin Brian took us out on the Pontoon boat to watch the sunset. The weather was great with a nice breeze and we even saw a deer on the bank. Watching the sun set on the lake was awesome. It was time for Jackson’s bedtime, and as I sat on the bed with my baby sound asleep in my arms, looking out at the water with the lightening bugs glowing, thinking about my precious family, I told myself that it just doesn’t get any better than this.


Watch out lake, here I come!

Uncle Jimmy letting Jackson borrow his glasses

Jackson and his precious cousin Chloe

a onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="http://bp1.blogger.com/_km9i0kBhIa4/SIfIXyA9MfI/AAAAAAAABNs/vmjUIKj4AS4/s1600-h/IMG_2755.JPG">
Jackson swinging with his aunt June Bug

Jackson playing with his aunt Vicki

Jackson with his shades on

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a great time. I know you are happy Jackson did so well on the plane. I watched the video and the place is beautiful. It is so wonderful to have such great family. You are truly blessed.