Thursday, July 31, 2008

7 Month Milestones

We have had so many new things happen this month with Jackson that I wanted to share it with yall. Here is the list of things he is up to as of 7 months. He is:

1. Crawling....scary!!!!
2. Pulling up to a stand.....also scary!!!!
3. Using his "pinchers" to grab things (his thumb and first finger)
4. Able to get himself into a seated positon without help
5. Does the bear crawl alot, with hands and feet on the ground
6. Started throwing things intentionally

A little more info about these fun new developments:

We have had to remove his bumper from the crib because he was pulling up and standing, and the bumper would have been a great step in the escape route.
We have had to start baby proofing the house since he is now into everything!
I have been feeding him some of the Gerber snacks which are kinda like cheerios, but we break then into really small pieces for him. He loves them! I put them in my hand and he practices his pinchers to feed himself. The other day I put him down and as I did the dishes I watched him crawl a little and he got his pinchers out and was trying to pick something up on the floor. I went in to see what he was doing and he was chasing a spider! He kept crawling toward it, trying to pick it up! It would have been straight to the mouth. Joey and I have our hands full!
I tell yall what, I think it just keeps getting better. You think it can't because they are just so great each day, but the more personality that comes out, and the closer we get to real communication we just get even more excited. What a blessing this is!

3 comments:

Birdwells said...

7 months and i still have never seen the little man... we need to change that soon!

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

We can't wait to see all of Jackson's new moves and tricks!

Love you guys!

Jess and Johnny