Monday, December 14, 2009

The 12 Days of Christmas

On the first day of christmas my true love gave to me.....
So, this post could have been titled 'sweet amazing husband', but I went with the classic christmas song instead. This post is really about my sweet amazing husband though. He really is super wonderful, even though he is such a LIAR! Ok, let me explain. First of all, we had started out talking about saving our money and getting Jackson gifts, but only getting each other one gift for christmas because neither of us really needed anything. So what do I do, being the sweet wife who LISTENS..I got Joey one gift wrapped it and placed it nicely under the tree. So, I checked and yes I had only one gift under the tree from my precious husband as well, so he had listened.....or so I thought! Dun...dun...duh! I was just minding my business cleaning my room when I ran across a huge stack of presents!!!! Curious I look to see who they are for...............they are for ME!!! I had stumbled upon a pile of loot ALL FOR ME! What happened to one gift hubby? huh? I knew they were from Joey because of the wrapping job.
Side Note:
Why can't boys wrap gifts? I once got a gift from a friend (who is a boy) who wrapped a gift for me with an Albertson's paper grocery bag and duck tape! Anywho, I am getting side tracked.
So, my sweet husband, although he didn't follow our christmas rules, totally made up for it by explaining the pile of gifts. He said there was only one present under the tree because that was the only one that I was going to open up on christmas morning, but that starting today, I was going to get a present a day (12 in all) until Christmas! I know!!!!!! How sweet is that!!! So, I gave up feeling guilty about his little lonely gift under the tree and decided to just go with it....
BRING ON THE PRESENTS BABY!
Side Note:
Another great plus about this little surprise Joey is doing for me is that everyday since he told me about his little plan, he has belted out 'The Twelve Days of Christmas' song without fail. I woke up to it this morning.
And on a totally unrelated note, here are a few pics of Jackson in the sled in front of my parents house with Rudolph. He loves to play with 'Woodoff'




Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Do we get to know what the presents are? Hmmm Hmmm???